USSA and NYSSRA Membership
To participate in NYSSRA races, athletes must join the New York State Ski Racing Association (NYSSRA) as well as the United States Ski Racing Association (USSA). The race administrator will verify that your registered athlete has both memberships, for the current year.
- NYSSRA: Join online or mail your completed membership form.
- USSA: Go to ussa.org and click on Alpine. Go to Membership Tools, and Become a Member. Register by mid-October to avoid paying late fees. Racers may be asked to show their USSA card when they arrive on race day. Please teach your racers to carry their cards with them. USSA identification cards are available online for printing from ussa.org.
You may register online at Admin Ski Racing for all races, home and away. Use GPSC to register a home race.
Alternatively, you may register by mail. Mail a completed Alpine Entry Card.
For any race:
- If you mail your registration and payment in, you need to do so postmarked at least 5 days prior or received 2 days prior to the race date. Racers registering late for U16 and U19 must race last both runs.
- When the maximum number of racers for a race is reached, no late entries will be accepted.
- Registration will be open race day from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. (see race announcements for more details)
- Parent tickets are available; expect it’s cash or by check only but some hosts except credit cards
For a home race:
- Make a check payable to GPSC. Look for mailing information in the race announcement or an email for the individual races. We cannot accept phone or FAX entries.
- All parent tickets are payable in cash or by check only
As a courtesy to the race family, many venue hosts in New York don’t typically charge for a race in the case of a DNS (Did Not Start). Same is also true if a race is postponed or cancelled. The entry fee will then be refunded, minus any applicable processing fee imposed by the registration processing company (if paid by check, it is returned or destroyed). If your child is sick or injured and not able to ski on race day, please call the race hill (home or away) and let them know that your child will not be there on race day (anytime before the race starts).
Open vs. Invite Races
All open races can be entered by anyone by race class as indicated. Number of entries may be limited. Kandahar Championships and most States are INVITE only, as indicated on the schedule.